Tuesday, February 17, 2004

 
My hands smell like goose poop. That's right, goose poop. Our apartment complex has one of those "lakes" behind it. We pay extra for a "lake view." There are 50 or so geese that live here year round and poop all over the place. How did it get on my hands? Let us start at the beginning of the disastrous evening...

Kevin came home with the usual hug, kiss, how was your day?, mine was ok, too, what's for dinner? So I pile up my paper work, make a mental note to remember where I was, and go throw the meatloaf together, pop it in the oven, set the timer, and sit back down to work (on The Case From Hell). Thoroughly engrossed in finishing The Case From Hell, I forget the rest of dinner altogether until the meatloaf is finished and I haven't even peeled the potatoes for mashed potatoes! I hurry the rest of dinner up while the meatloaf tries to stay warm for us. The kitchen sink clogs. Great. The sink is full of greasy water, meatloaf chunks, and potato peels. Yuck. Time for supper! Put on a smile! We eat. It is good. I am scraping the plates over the trash, as the garbage disposal is inoperable, when Top asks to go outside. 1-2-3 NOT IT!! Ha, Kevin has to take her out. He brings her in and she is a wet mess, she has been rolling around in the snow. Aww, how cute, a wet puppy dog. Top comes over to say hello. Hello, Top. Something smells. There is poop on the underside of her big beagle ear. There is poop all over her! Hurry, to the bath tub!! I lather her 3 times. Topper's ears still smell like goose poop and so do my hands. How gross is that? Such is a life at the R*****bi***e*s' residence. Yes, our last name is really that long. But, again, that is another story for another day. Good night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?