Tuesday, February 10, 2004

 
Our dreaded weekly teleconference ended on a happy note today. Every investigator in the company is getting a raise! Thank goodness for the mute button because this sent me whooping and hollering about the room with joy. A raise!! And this on top of the regular raises we receive every 6 months, anyway. I make plans to meet some coworkers at the office for a celebratory lunch. When we arrive, the manager is nearly in tears because people have been calling her complaining that the raise isn't big enough. The nerve! The girls I was lunching with, like myself, are new investigators, and we are all ecstatic to be receiving more money out of the blue. I cannot believe how greedily and childlike my coworkers are behaving! What would possess a working adult to call and complain that their raise (the raise they did NOTHING to deserve) is not enough? It is bad enough to think that it is not big enough, but to actually pick up the phone, call the supervisor, and tell her that the surprise swelling of the salary is NOT ENOUGH!! Maybe I'm still fresh enough from the poverty of college to appreciate any money that comes my way. Maybe I'm not as selfish as I've always thought myself to be. Maybe I'm just one step closer to being an adult, while the people I've been looking up to as adults have taken one giant leap back toward adolescent greed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?