Monday, March 01, 2004

 
Being a jealous creature by nature, I am not terribly shocked by my latest bout of envy, as silly and frivolous as it will seem to you. It's just this: My best friend, Brad, gets to be a groomsman in our other friend, Jeff's, wedding. Why would I want to be a groomsman, anyway? If someone asked me to be a bridesmaid I would groan inwardly, smile outwardly, and quickly fabricate a prior engagement for the wedding day. Let's face it--no one wants to be a bridesmaid.

Why Brad and not me? I was just as much a part of "the group." Jeff's twin brother, Andy the Jerk, didn't even invite Brad and I to his wedding (me because Kamille the Evil Bride didn't want me there [her jealousy issues run deeper than my own] and Brad because Andy is a homophobe.) Now Brad gets to stand at the front of the church and glare and Kamille from his position of honor while I sit meekly, and probably alone, in a church in upstate New York. Why alone? Because my husband won't want to go and because my Brad GETS TO BE A GROOMSMAN!! Who am I going to sit with at the reception? No one. Sara sits alone. Always a bridesmaid, never a GROOMSMAID!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?