Monday, April 12, 2004

 
Buyer's remorse? Not really. I'm tired. I'm sore. I have a huge gash on my arm from my struggle with the new bed frame. Three bedrooms and one bathroom have fresh paint. The other bathroom has been deserted. I hate wallpaper and the people who put it up. The kitchen is an absolute lost cause. It has been discovered that the previous owners did a very half-assed job of remodeling the kitchen so that on first look, it looks nice, but getting just a little bit closer for inspection, it is a MESS!! But that is only the negative. Everything else is, well, wonderful! We have house, we have a house!!

Day One in Our First Home:
We arrive excited and smiling at 8:00 Saturday morning, per contract agreement, only to find the previous owner THERE IN OUR HOUSE! He hadn't finished moving yet! Needless to say, we were quite angry, seeing as how he was trespassing. He fumbles around telling us how hard life is when you have three children. After a few loads, he finally relinquished the rest of the keys and the garage door opener. He left a beat up couch in the garage so I can't pull my car in and a big ugly playset in the backyard that he said he'll get later. Top inspects the house, pooping in the basement and in the hall. Gross. Top inspects the backyard, rolling in something VERY smelly, probably something dead. She has had a shower, but is still a very stinky puppy. I set to work on the kitchen, wanting to get the ugly wallpaper down. One hour later I am crying because it will not, simply WILL NOT come down. I move on to taping the rooms for paint. Then Kevin's friend Comer, who I generally despise, shows up. Low and behold, he is a HUGE help! His girlfriend comes over later, and so do the Goods. With the six of us working, we got the three bedrooms painted, drank a good amount of beer, and had a lovely time.

Day Two in Our First Home.
Kevin and I take over more boxes and meet our neighbors, Cecil and Eva (both approximately 109 years old). Eva, most people call her Eve (!), made us cookies and sent Cecil over to deliver them. How sweet! Kevin and I paint the master bathroom. Kevin and I once again tackle the kitchen, pretty much destroying the wall. We go to the hardware store. We get the furniture for the guest bedroom out of his parents' basement. I don't help carry it in. While Kevin goes for Taco Bell, I nearly cut my arm off wrestling with the stupid bed frame. We eat. We come back to the apartment. We shower. I accidentally trap the cat in the underwear drawer. We sleep.

Day Three in Our First Home:
I'm not there yet. I'm blogging.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?