Sunday, May 23, 2004

 
I am so proud of Fluid Pudding. Welcome to the dark side, fellow Harry Potter lover! I, too, was skeptical about the Harry Potter books. Not because of that Harry Potter is the devil nonsense, of course. I was in English minor in college, and had many a professor try to beat into my hungry little brain that people who were seriously into literature wouldn't touch something on the best seller list with a ten foot pole. As if all best sellers are written for idiots! Yes, I see their point. Nora Roberts--idiots. However, J.K. Rowling--Brilliant!!

I received the box set of the first four Harry Potter books for Christmas when I was a junior in college. Out of pure boredom, I broke down and picked up the first book and WHAM!!!--I was captivated. I stayed up all night reading and when I finally fell asleep I had the most wonderful dreams that I was flying on a broomstick. Not playing quiddich, that's too scary. I was just souring over the Hogwarts at night on my broomstick.

Now I'm a full blown Harry Potter nerd, and damn proud of it! I'll be in the ticket line on June 4th. You won't, however, see me decked out in wizard garb. Those people are scary.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?