Wednesday, May 26, 2004

 
So there I was on the edge of my seat. I had dropped the laundry I was folding. I had lost the page of the book I was reading during the commercials. Ryan Seacrest was about to announce the next American Idol...and the phone rings. NOOOOOOOOOO!! Why can't I be one of those people who don't answer the phone? Who could be calling me at the climax of my year? I run to the phone and yell, "HELLO?!!"

"Hi"

Isn't it amazing how just that one syllable can melt your heart and chase away the anger? Still, there was no excuse for calling me during American Idol. Of all people, my very best friend in the entire world should know these things.

"Brad! What the hell? American Idol is on!"

"Oh, my god. You're watching American Idol? But this is really important."

"But Brad!!"

"Ok, how much longer is left because this is like really important. Can you call me right back?"

"No, I can talk. Ryan tricked me again and they're announcing the winner after the break."

Brad is the only person on this good Earth who could call and suddenly make American Idol seem not so important. In fact, any of the following people could have called and they would have been met with the following responses:

My Mom: Are you crazy? I'm watching American Idol. click

My Husband: AMERICAN IDOL! click

The President: Tune in to Fox and learn a little something. Oh, and you are very handsome. Oh, but you are sort of an idiot. click

My Boss: click

Kirk Cameron: I love you. click

Brett Hull: After all these years I can't believe you finally call during American Idol. Too bad. click

Fantasia: What are you doing? You are supposed to be on TV!! Oh, Diana's singing? Don't worry, I voted for you at least 100 times! It's in the bag. click

Mark Mcgwire: Hubba hubba. Watching American Idol. Call me later. Mmmmmmm. click

Rufus Wainwright: Can't talk now, I'm watching a very edgy documentary. click (Clearly I can't admit to Rufus that I am watching American Idol)

Sarah Jessica Parker: Well, I'm sorry, but we'll have to go shoe-shopping another time. I'm watching American Idol. click


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?