Sunday, May 09, 2004

 
Two Mothers Day Tributes

For my Mother:
It's hard to say what makes you such a wonderful mother. You just are, I suppose. There was never a time I couldn't trust you. I could come to you with any problem, and I still do, because you are my mother and you are there to help me. You are kind, you are gentle, you are wise. You don't pretend to know all of the answers. You admit it when you have made a mistake. You are beautiful, you are trustworthy, you are brave. You have done amazing things with your life. I strive to be as successful as you have been. You are a wife, mother, daughter, sister, teacher. You have touched so many people. You leave a positive impact wherever you go. I try to be all that you are. I love you and I am proud to call you Mother.

For my Sister:
You were nine years old when I came to you as a little sister. You took care of me, loved me, played with me, mothered me. I have a particular memory of going to Campbell with you and Tom. I was very sick with the stomach flu and you were so wonderful. You stayed up with me, came to me every time I needed you. I knew then that some day you were going to make such an excellent mother. As I became a teenager, you became the ideal big sister. You were always there to talk to, and always gave very diplomatic advice. I loved staying with you when Tom was out of town, just us girls! No matter the teenage angst I was feeling, I knew that you had not left it so far behind you. Now, suddenly and at last, we are friends. Nine years doesn't seem like such a difference anymore. You are the mother of two beautiful children. I am proud that you are my sister. Happy Mothers Day!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?