Tuesday, May 04, 2004

 
Usually I can't stand Oprah or the people who watch her everyday. I thought it was ridiculous that her show airs at two different times each day on local television so working women don't have to miss out. Last night, though, I put my feelings aside and thank goodness the show re-airs at 9:00 because Oprah had one full hour of Brad Pitt! I still think she's a despicable woman, and she asked Brad all of the wrong things, but I just muted the TV and watched Him. Yes, He deserves a capital H because He is oh so lovely. Yum Yum, give me some!!

I was home alone last night (which led me to Oprah) because Kevin was helping a friend with some heavy moving. I discovered that I don't like being home alone in our house at night. Once it got dark, I was very spooked. At around 10:00, I let Top outside and went around closing all of the blinds. I will try to remember to do that when it is still light from now on. Every time I approached a window I expected to see a bad guy peering back at me. It doesn't help that Top's way of asking to come inside is to get a running start and throw her body against the storm door. I screamed, let her in, slammed and locked the door, picked her up and RAN to the bedroom where I felt just a little more safe. This just spooked Top, which spooked Lucy-cat, all of which contributed to my panic.

I felt much better, and a little silly, once I was settled in bed with my new library book. Just yesterday, I got Deep Summer and The Handsome Road by Gwen Bristow. She wrote Jubilee Trail, which I read for the first time as a pre-teen and about 20 times since then. I couldn't wait to curl up with another one of her lovely stories and had started it on the couch, while ogling Brad Pitt on the muted television. So once in bed with my dog, my book, and the knowledge that Kevin was on his way home, it was hard to remember why I was scared in the first place.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?