Monday, June 28, 2004

 
In August, I'm going to a wedding in Rochester, NY. The groom, Jeff, is one of my oldest friends from high school. The groom's twin, Andy, one of my other oldest friends from high school, didn't invite me to his wedding. In the last week, I've been plagued with strange dreams about Jeff and Andy. In high school, this was the group: Jeff, Andy, Brian, Brad, Jason, me. Yes, I was the only girl in the Nerd Herd (my loving name for them). Once they had graduated, I met the rest of the group at parties. The new group was: Jeff, Andy, Brian, Brad, James, Adam, John, me. Still the only girl. Still going strong! We stayed in touch through college, always making sure to get together during the summer, at 21st birthdays, graduations, holidays, etc... However, as some went on to get married, some went to graduate school, and some moved far, far away, we have all lost touch (all besides me and Brad, that is). So that makes these dreams even stranger.

Dream #1
I am at my childhood house in Robertsville with my family. (This is strange because I didn't even know the twins when I lived in this house.) I was bored so I called the twins. We decided that they would come over and go swimming. I went to pick them up, but when I got there their mom wouldn't let them ride with me and said she would bring them over and pick them up. Ok. Then I forgot the way back to my house. When we finally got there, Jeff was totally vain and wouldn't get his hair wet. He was constantly touching his hair and asking how his hair looked. And Andy wasn't Andy anymore, but that totally sexy guy from Y Tu Mama Tambien. Hubba hubba. And that's all I remember.

Dream #2
I was swimming in a lake, which is very not like me because I only enjoy swimming in chlorinated water. Actually, I have my cousin, Bing, with me and am dragging him along with a lifeguard tube. (It's all coming back to me now.) It is night and scary. We are almost to the docks. There are a lot of tall buildings with lights--a whole skyline. Suddenly, there is a huge coned off area in the lake and there are sharp-shooters all around. I try to stop, but I swim into the coned area. When the helicopter lands it barely misses me. I drop Bing when I hold up my hands so as not to be shot. The President gets out of the helicopter. Somehow I escape and I find myself in one of the skyscrapers, running through the halls. I run smack dab into Jeff, who tells me he can't go through with his marriage until he kisses me so he can know if he loves me or not. Yikes! I keep running because I don't want to kiss him (I don't understand this because when I was 14 all I wanted in the world was to kiss Jeff). That's all I remember.

Dream #3
Jeff and Julie's wedding. I show up looking fabulous as one only can in dreams. This is vague, but there is some sort of a showdown between Kamille and me. Kamille is Andy's horrible wife, who wouldn't allow me to be invited to their wedding. (Should someone that insecure be getting married? That's beside the point, though.) I don't remember what horrible things were said, but I remember that I had all the guys behind me and poor Andy was stuck between apologizing for his embarrassment of a wife and hanging out with the old crowd or sitting alone with Kamille while she sulked. I woke up before his decision, but I'm sure he chose Kamille. He always does.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?