Friday, June 11, 2004

 
Things I did today:
--I made Kevin's lunch.
--I got up early enough to work before swim practice.
--I talked to my Mom on the phone about a whole lot of nothing.
--I handed out ribbons at swim practice, then delighted the kids by playing sharks and minnows with them. They thought it was sooooo funny that I never (not even once, not even when there were 30 little minnows and only one shark) made it across without getting tagged.
--I took an ice-cold shower after practice and managed to come out of there looking pretty good considering the ghastly condition of the girls locker room.
--I was early for an interview so stopped at Old Navy for a few summer essentials: 2 perfect fit tees, one pair of orange kitten heel flip-flops, one knit mini skirt (that Kevin just assured me doesn't make my legs look fat...but on second thought would he tell me if they did?), one white camisole, one Tshirt that says Lucy's Burgers. See, that's funny because our cat's name is Lucy!
--I talked to D on the phone, but not for long enough.
--I've done one load of laundry.
--I've almost gotten Lucy to use the cat door by herself.
--I am almost done with work for the week, but have more to do tomorrow.
--I bought Kevin an expensive art magazine to try to deflect the attention away from my new clothes. It didn't work.
--I got very angry with a very old friend, but he asked me not to blog about it so no details for now.

What I'm going to do this evening:
--Eat dinner with Kevin's parents. They pay, they pick the place. Beggars can't be choosers.
--Try to talk Kevin into going to see Stepford Wives.
--Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a raspberry concrete double the raspberries from Sheridans. Mmmmmm
--I'm going to go to bed with the lovely knowledge that I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock. Mmmmm double Mmmmm Mmmmmm

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?