Wednesday, June 09, 2004

 
This is how the recycling works in our house. We drink a soda, rinse the can, put it on the counter next to the basement door. We finish the milk, rinse the jug, put it on the counter next to the basement door. We eat all of the cereal, crush the box, put in on the counter next to the basement door. You get the picture. Thus far, I have never witnessed Kevin take any of the recycling down to the basement. Last night he finished a beer (Nat Light--we're having a throw back to college), rinsed the can, put in on the counter next to the basement door. Good Husband. Then he immediately opened the basement door and went downstairs, empty handed. Bad Husband. Being full aware of the PMS rage bubbling inside of me, I thought of the cookies in the oven, put on a smile, and asked him to come to the bottom of the stairs so I could toss the can down to him. Then it came to me...The Idea. I told Kevin to move the recycling bin over just a smidge so that it was under the banister.

--Why?, Kevin asks.

--Me: I have an Idea.

I look at Kevin and place the beer can on the banister. He knows what I'm thinking. We both hold our breath. Will it work? I let go of the can. It slides gracefully down the banister and lands with a soft clink in the recycling bin. We both stare at the bin for a long while.

Kevin looks up at me. Wow, he says in amazement.

Cool, I manage to whisper.

We have been guzzling soda and beer ever since just to play with our new invention. I'm a genius!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?