Saturday, July 31, 2004

 
On Wednesday, D came to Kansas City to visit me. We went to the mall shopped for a dress for Jeff's wedding. I love to shop. Love, love, love to shop! My top three favorite people to shop with, with my favorite being number one, are:

1) My mom (because we laugh so hard and always share a dressing room)
2) D (because we laugh so hard and he can (and does) shop til we drop)
3) My Brad (because we laugh so hard and he has impeccable taste)

My mom couldn't come shopping with me, so I was forced to wait for David to come to town. This was a little scary because I was waiting until the week before the wedding to shop for a dress. That may be easy for some of you, but I am IMPOSSIBLE to fit.

We started our quest in my new favorite store, White House/Black Market. I am wearing a little black strapless number to the rehearsal dinner, and I don't need two little black dresses, so I really was concentrating on the white dresses. I tried on three or four dresses, and of course nothing fit. We went on to every other store in the mall and found NOTHING! At this point we were getting a little panicked. This stupid wedding is all fancy schmancy and I had nothing appropriate. So we went back to White House/Black Market and did what we should have been doing all along. Have I learned nothing in my years of dress shopping? D started pulling out every size ** in the place (I'm not mentioning my size because I don't want you to hate me) and I tried them all on, regardless of whether I liked them. Finally we found a match. Don't you hate it when your mom is right? She used to always say, "Just try it on! It looks different on the hanger." It's true.

Now the fun part! We leave and head for DSW, my other new favorite store. D admitted that he wasn't that great at shoe shopping, but no matter because I have excellent taste in shoes. We found the perfect shoes for both outfits.

The point is, I'm going to look great at the wedding and really stick it to Kamille. How vindictive am I?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?