Wednesday, July 14, 2004

 
This is generally what is going through my mind while I am doing the work out with the older kids at swim practice:
--This pool is really dirty.
--I can't let him beat me. I must swim faster. I am the coach. I am older and bigger. I must prevail!
--Ahhh, I forgot how much I love swimming in the morning. The chlorine, oh the chlorine of my heart, how I love thee!!

However, a mere few hours later and I am trying to think of reasons not to get in and swim the next morning. Even as I am pulling on my speedos in the morning, powdering my swim cap, tugging my goggles through my suit strap (that is where cool swimmers put their goggles when not in use. And of course I wear Swedish goggles. All real swimmers wear Swedish goggles.), I am thinking about how much I don't want to go swimming, how much I want to crawl back in bed, how much earlier my work day would be finished if I only weren't going to work out!

This bad attitude of mine has me worried. I have fully convinced myself that when swim team is over until next year, I will be totally disciplined and go work out in the pool daily, or at least almost daily. I even ordered more goggles. But will I really? Will I get off my lazy caboose and go work out? Mesays yes, but methinks no.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?