Monday, August 30, 2004

 
Guess what I'm getting today? Give up?

A TiVo!! I've been working on this for a very long time. It took a lot of whining, complaining, begging, and nagging on my part, but I finally convinced Kevin that this is something which, without it, my life will not be complete.

It also helped that tomorrow we are joining the Community Center. As we all know, starting a regular exercise routine is easier said than done. Also, we all know that when exercising with a partner, one is less likely to skip workouts. Swimming is a sport that Kevin and I can do together without getting angry at each other. I'm going to write the workouts and we are going to put in a good hour (which should amount to one to two miles) every, or almost every, night. I believe that swimming one mile is supposed to amount to something like running 11 miles. Sounds impressive that I can do that, huh? Well, it may help if I admit that I'd be hard pressed to even speed walk a full mile! Yet I can hop in and swim a mile and hardly be winded. To each their own, right?

Anyway, I think Kevin realizes that I am disgustingly and hopelessly addicted to things like American Idol and The OC and that I simply will not be dragged away from by beloved couch on a cold winter night to go swimming if it means missing my favorite shows. However, my love for swimming, even in the worst of Missouri weather, will get me out of my comfortable house if I have the secure knowledge that TiVo is unfailingly recording The OC.

I'm getting a TiVo!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?