Friday, August 27, 2004

 
Phone rings:

Me: Hello?

D: (always cheerful) HEllooooooo!

Me: (skipping and bouncing around the kitchen gleefully) Deeeeeeeeee! Hiiiiiiiiii!

D: Whatcha doin'?

Me: Making Kevin's lunch for tomorrow.

D: Aww, that's cute!

Me: Yeah. How's Texas treating you?

D: It's ok. We don't really like it here, but that's ok, too. You know why? Guess why. Guess where I'm going.

Me: (Please say Kansas City! Please say Kansas City!) I give up. Where?

D: Iraq!!

Me: (sniffling) W-wh-what?

D: Iraq!!

Me: Wh-when?

D: The sixth.

Me: SEPTEMBER 6th? Like in a WEEK?

D: Yep!

Me: How long?

D: At least 6 months, probably.

Me: D, NO! NOOOO!

D: It's OK!

Me: People are dying there!

D: It's ok, really. It'll be fine!

Me: NO! D, I'm going to do something about this!

D: You can't.

But I can. I could call his who-ever-is-in-charge and out him. I could. But I won't. Not unless D wants me to. But I want me to. But I won't. But I could.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?