Tuesday, August 03, 2004

 
Yesterday I was in a hurry. I have things to do, people! I finally remembered to take my clothes to the drycleaners, seeing as how my little black dress I need this week was covered in cat hair. I don't know how that happened, seeing as how it was hanging neatly in the back of the closet, me not having many occasions to don the little black dress. (Seeing as how I keep saying, "seeing as how," I'll just say right now that I have NO IDEA why I'm doing that.)

Anyway, after finally dropping off the drycleaning on Friday, yesterday I surprised myself by actually remembering to pick it up. I was running errands and was in that rush rush sort of mode. I fast-walked up to the counter, plopped down my ticket, said "Reisenbichler," and plopped down my debit card. The girl at the counter looked at the card and said nothing. She got my clothes, made small talk, rang up the sale, and announced $21.50. I tapped the debit card impatiently. The dry cleaner girl then announced that they only accept cash or checks. Shit. Then I completely surprised myself by rolling my eyes and saying, "That's ghetto." That's ghetto? When did I start saying ghetto? Who do I think I am? Paris Hilton? Ghetto. Huh!

That same night we had Kevin's family over for dinner. I only had enough fancy corn-cob holders for four people. I looked at Kevin's brother and said, "Sorry, Tim. I had to give you the ghetto corn-cob holders." What's that? I did it again? This has to come to an end. Girls who say ghetto are so ghetto.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?