Wednesday, September 08, 2004

 
I know that it was over a week ago when I wrote right here on this very site, "Tomorrow we are joining the gym." That was a lie. But we did join last night. Hey, better late than never. Right? So we donned our speedos and filled our gym bags with swimming goodies like goggles, pull buoys, kickboards, swim caps, towels, and jointritis (that's for me). After arriving, we have to stand and get our picture taken. You know, for our membership cards. I wasn't prepared for a photo session!

We go into our respective locker rooms mumbling something about meeting in the pool area. I am waiting at the end of a lane putting on my ugly green swim cap (because I forgot to go get a new one, this is my backup swim cap) when I see Kevin approaching, looking apprehensive in his new speedo jammers. We sit there for a couple of minutes with our legs dangling in the water. We decide to start from the other end. The lifeguard makes us go rinse off before we get in the water. How stupid is that? He looked pretty dry and dirty to me. Is he going to go rinse off before he jumps in to save someone? Huh!

So we rinsed off and reclaimed our lane. And then, well, we swam!! Oh, the loveliness of it! We put in just over a mile. A very fine workout if I do say so myself.

I couldn't help but feel perfectly content as I drifted off to sleep last night with one shoulder swathed in ice and my nose buried in the crook of my other arm that was thrown over my head. I think the last words I uttered as I fell asleep grinning were, "Mmmm, smells like chlorine..."



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?