Monday, November 08, 2004

 
As I go about my business, people are always asking me about my job. They always want to know if I like it. Without missing a beat I always exclaim, "Oh, I LOVE it! I make my own hours, I'm unsupervised, I get to meet lots of new people, I work from home..." Yadda, yadda, yadda. Am I trying to convince them or convince myself? Really, it's a great job. All those things are true. There's not much reason to dislike my job. Why, then, am I so miserable? It's not just a funk. I really truly don't like it. For one, I dislike my supervisor a great deal. But that can't be the reason I'm not happy. I know that no matter where I go there are going to be people that I don't like. That's just the way it is. Of course, my supervisor just happens to be the biggest bitch on the planet. And I mean big. Like when she sits around the office, she sits around the office, you know what I mean? But hey, her obesity, while perhaps part of her general crankiness, is no reason to dislike her. I also dislike the secretary, who would have my head on a platter if she heard me refer to her as a secretary. She has some fancy title. Really, she's the secretary. She answers the phone and does the office filing. Oh, and she bosses us all around like she's queen of the mountain. Ugh!

I wish I could be paid well to sit at home, watch the CBS soap operas, and read good books during the commercials. While we are trying to go to sleep Kevin begs me to either turn off the TV or turn off the light. No. I'm using both. I'm watching Just Shoot Me and I'm reading my book during the commercials. I need the TV and I need the light. That's my marketable skill. I watch TV and read at the same time.

Ok, I don't want to watch TV all day. Yes, I do. But I know that's not realistic. Can't I be a housewife? What happened to they days of women staying at home? Every night Kevin could come home after a hard day's work to a clean house, all the clean laundry put away, the table set and dinner ready to be served, and a happy wife. That's what is missing here. The happy wife. The wife is clearly not happy.

So. That's it. I don't like my job. I want something else. How does this whole job-hunt thing work, anyway?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?