Monday, December 20, 2004

 
Weekend:

Friday Night: Kevin and picked up my Uncle Bingo and his son, Bing, at the airport. Bingo took us out to eat at The Corner Cafe. I had chicken and dumplings and they were YUMMY! (I used to have chicken and dumplings every year for my birthday dinner. Now my Mom does the whole guilt trip thing and reminds me that I'm the only one that likes them and why don't I pick something that everyone will enjoy. Not this year, lady! It's MY birthday and I want chicken and dumplings, dammit!) After dinner we came home so Bing could see our house. After we got them on their way home, Kev and I went to give his Mom her birthday present. Then we came home and went to bed.

Saturday: We woke up early to go work out since we didn't get a chance to go to the gym on Friday. When we got there the pool was so crowded that we didn't stay. That was a waste of time. So we came home, prettied up, and went to the Plaza to finish Christmas shopping. We got everything on sale. There may be something to this waiting before the week before Christmas to shop thing. After that, we came home so I could wrap presents and Kevin went out to shop for me. We had chili for supper and then watched In America. Great movie. Then we fell asleep watching Saturday Night Live.

Sunday: Slept in. When I woke up I began my day of baking Christmas cookies. I got all the dough made and then took a break to go work out. I had the pool all to myself for awhile and felt a bit conspicuous with all six lifeguards watching me and judging me. Then we came home and Kevin did, well, nothing. I made chocolate chip cookies, M&M cookies, christmas tree cookies, and these pretzel and chocolate things. It took FOREVER! Finally done, I started supper. After supper (salmon, rice pilaf, and green beans), we sat on our butts and watched Desperate Housewives. And then the weekend was over.

And now it's Monday. We are doing presents with Kev's family tonight. I am relatively sure that Kev didn't get me The OC Season One. I'm also pretty sure my parents didn't get it for me. I made it quite clear to everyone that The OC Season One was my number one request. If I don't get The OC Season One tonight, there will be HELL TO PAY!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?