Monday, January 03, 2005

 
And a Happy New Year

It was a small gathering. 3 couples. 6 people. Of that six, nearly all of us were sick. Why? Why. Because we all have adorable little germ-carrying nieces and nephews. That's why. So, with the exception of April (who is a first grade teacher and therefore immune to nearly all child-born germs), we were all sniffling, sneezing, coughing, and wheezing our way into the New Year. We all brought food and the Goods prepared a lovely steak dinner. Our bellies were full of steak. Our noses were full of boogers. We drank beer and played poker. We played the 1990's Trivial Pursuit and I was actually getting lots of questions right (usually I just roll and read the questions while Kev does most of the answering)! I had also brought along the Adult Trivia cards that my brother and I found in our parents basement when we were in high school. The cards were published in 1984--I was four years old. I'm trying to remember some of the questions that made us laugh so hard, but my memory fails me. CBS didn't re-air the ball dropping Central time so we all missed midnight and kissed and drank champagne at abut 12:05.

I haven't made any New Year Resolutions. I've never managed to keep any in the past. Besides, I have a pretty good life. I can't even think of a way to improve it. Sure, I could exercise more, but I do ok. I could say I was going to eat less candy. I could definitely stop eating so many Sheridans Raspberry Frozen Custards with Double Raspberries, but yeah right. I exercise when I want to and then I go eat custard and that makes me happy.

I was almost finished with that last part when there was a knock on the door. Huh? Who could that be? It was Tim, Julie and Rendo. Rendo is a childhood friend of Kevin and Tim. He's really cute and really smart. Totally crush-worthy. He can be pretty intimidating. Our house is a mess because we are refinishing the hardwood floors in the two extra bedrooms. There are closet doors, mattresses, clocks, piles and piles of books, and this and that laying all over the living room. Julie and I got to sit there dumbly among the rubble of our living room while the guys talked about all sorts of people we've never met. Fun stuff.

How boring is all of this? Maybe I should do a New Year Resolution. I hereby resolve to be more clever in my blogging endeavors. I will find something in the course of my days and turn into a riotous story for your enjoyment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?