Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 
Breaking News

The top story in Kansas City this morning is the weather (surprise, surprise). Last night they were forecasting perhaps an inch of snow. This morning in a half-awake state I fumbled for the clicker and squinted at the TV to try to decipher the words in that highlighted box around Kansas City. Heavy Snow Warning. Oh, that's just great. So I have to settle in for a winter storm here. That's fine. Know why? Because I'm sick. Not just sick...siiiiiiiiiick. After my morning appointments I may take the rest of the day off to cuddle up with a warm puppy, a heating pad, lots of blankets, hot tea, and episodes upon lovely episodes of The OC Season One. In the words of Charlie Brown, "Happiness is being too sick to go to school but not too sick to watch TV." That Charlie Brown is wise beyond his years.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?