Monday, February 28, 2005

 
Your call is important to us. Please continue to hold.

So I'm on hold right now with the Missouri Department of Revenue. We were doing our taxes last night and realized that we never received a 1099-G, whatever that is. We're getting money back. That's for sure. Here are some ideas on how we're going to spend it:

1) Buy new windows for our house.

2) Buy furniture for our empty living room.

3) Put the money in savings for an emergency (boring!).

4) Kevin thinks we should buy him a guitar and/or a drumset, neither of which he knows how to play. Yeah, right.

5) Fix all the little things we don't like about our house, like the light fixtures and get the fireplace fixed.

6) Save it to take a vacation together when we can both blow off work.

7) Buy silly things that we want but don't need like and I-pod.

8) Shoes. Shoes shoes shoes shoes shoes.

9) Ooh, maybe we could get one of those workout pool things that has the current that pushes you so it's like you can swim and swim and stay in one place. Yeah!

I'm still on hold. Please continue to hold, a representative will be with you momentarily. Thank you for holding, please stay on the line. Your call is important to us, please hold for the next available representative. Put a five second pause between each sentence and say those sentences over and over all morning. I guess I can just take the phone with me and curl back up in bed...Ah, they answered. I was not supposed to get a 1099-G because I did not itemize last year. Itemize? I just put the numbers into the computer program and hit "file" then "print." Huh. But now that computer tax thing won't let me go on without the 1099-G part. What if I get audited?!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?