Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 
Laughing Headache

It used to happen all the time. Mostly with my Brad. Almost daily, it seemed, something would happen to make us laugh so hard that we were gasping for breath and our stomach muscles were spasming. A few minutes later, we would be leaning on each other for support, worn out by laughter, and our heads would be throbbing from the lack of air. The older I get, I seem to get fewer laughing headaches.

Sure, Kevin and I laugh together. We laugh together often, actually. But it's rarely the doubled over almost peeing your pants laughter. Last night we had our friend, Jenny, over for dinner. She's the most finicky eater on Earth so dinner was grilled hot dogs and boxed macaroni and cheese. She never lets me show off in the kitchen. Jenny lives about an hour away, but was working in the city for the day and came over after work. She had forgotten comfy clothes and refused to pig out on hot dogs in her suit. Since we were going out anyway to buy her some knitting supplies, we stopped at Target for her to grab some clearance crap. She didn't try it on. I was busy cleaning up the trail Kevin had made when he walked in the house and didn't notice her after she had changed. She said the pants were a little short, but I didn't even look. After dinner, we went out for ice cream. I took a good look at her and burst out laughing. I could hardly form the words, "Your pants!" They were total highwaters. She looked ridiculous. I tried to get her to drag her pants down around her butt, but they were still too short and they just looked like thuggish highwaters. I was finally able to train my eyes to not look at her legs. It was difficult. By the time we were all in the car and driving down our street, I realized with satisfaction that I had a laughing headache. It doesn't take much--just a friend looking like a fool--to make me laugh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?