Monday, March 21, 2005

 
This is good. My brother-in-law, Tom, has started a blog. This makes me very happy because I think he is, like, the funniest man in the world. I think that's why we get along so well. I always laugh at his jokes. It's not uncommon for Tom to make a joke at dinner. My mom and I are laughing so hard we are choking on our food and gasping for breath while Jennifer, Tom's wife, looks annoyed. I don't think she thinks he quite so funny anymore. But I do. I think he's hilarious!!

D called last night and has made a safe return from Iraq to Kuwait to Fort Hood. Oh my gosh, he is such a girl! First thing he tells me is that when he got home his sister took him to Wal-Mart because he didn't have any civilian clothes. Now, we all know how humiliating it must have been for a self-respecting gay man to don clothes from Wal-Mart. The next day, his first stop was the Gap, where he changed into snazzy new jeans and a pink polo in the dressing room and asked the Gap workers to throw away his old clothes. Then, wearing his pink shirt, he promptly went to buy what he has been dreaming about all these months in Iraq...The Golden Girls DVD. That night he went clubbing with some friends. Straight friends. While all they could talk about was how much they needed to get laid, D said, "I just want someone to hold me." What a girl. I can't wait for him to visit. Kevin will never play the Fat Game with me. D is always up for a competitive round of the Fat Game.

My mom brought me a bag of baby pictures this weekend. We had fun going through them. Most I had seen before. I found one, though, that is now framed and in my office. I look to be about three or four and I am on my grandfather's shoulders. I am holding on to his head for dear life and looking uncertainly at the San Francisco ocean at his feet. My mom has a hand on Benno's arm and is smiling up at me. I feel all warm and fuzzy and loved and protected when I look at it.

I need to "shake a tower," as Benno used to say, and get to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?