Friday, April 01, 2005

 
Pinch, Punch, First of the Month

It's a game we play. I don't know where it came from, but for as long as I can remember we've always pinched, punched, first of the monthed in my family. Kevin got me this morning. 5:00 this morning. The shower was running and I was still dozing unsuspecting when Kevin came charging out of the bathroom. Blinded by the light, I whined, "What are you doing?" I got pinched. I got punched. I got first of the monthed. Kevin victory danced all the way back to the shower. Now, I'm never a very pleasant person in the morning, but this was a really bad way to start the day. Still, nobody likes a sore loser. Kevin was still triumphant when he got out of the shower.

"So what's that, like, three for you?" I asked.

Grinning, Kevin answered, "Yeah, I think so." Then he had to gall to add, "Your reign is over."

I didn't appreciate that remark at all. Therefore, I've decided to keep a tally. I've calculated all of our months together and the score as of today is:

Sara: 56
Kevin: 3

I'll keep you posted in the months to come.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?