Wednesday, May 25, 2005

 
New Things

My life has been full of trying new things. Generally, I am a creature of habit. All of this change and learning by trial and error is stressful! I'm new at staying by myself all night while Kevin is at work. I was terrified that the first night he was gone the bad guys who have been watching and just waiting would come and take me away. That didn't happen and I'm not so scared anymore. I'm actually starting to enjoy my evenings alone.

I'm new at running. I mentioned before that I'm doing a program called From Couch to 5K. Didn't think I'd stick with it, did you? I'm in the middle of week 6 and going strong. In three more weeks I'll be running 5K three times a week! I'm still not crazy about running, but I love the satisfaction I get from sticking to something I said I was going to do. I also love the results.

I'm new at knitting. I was stuck in a rut with it. It was time. Time to move out of my comfort zone of making flat squares and rectangles. Where my first completed scarf was terribly exciting, I'm now bored silly with scarves. So. I'm going to make this bag. To help make my life easier, I've discovered a knitting oasis. The women who work here are my new best friends. They offer help, encouragement, and friendship.

Maybe the next new thing I should try is actually working instead of checking my email, looking at knitting sites, checking blogs, and writing my own. Work. There's a novel idea. Here's to new things!

Comments:
I'm in the same boat, minus the knitting and paranoia. Work isn't really doing it for me right now, so I'm surfing the Internet, selling junk on ebay, reading your blog and checking e-mail. Good times.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?