Wednesday, June 08, 2005

 
I'm Melting....Meeeeeellllting

Really. I am. Our air conditioner went kaput. We have spent the last two days on the phone getting quotes and trying to figure out how we can afford this catastrophe. Also, it seems imperative that it is installed by Friday, as we are having company. Not just any company, but my sister, her husband, and the three munchkins. I didn't want them to melt, too. One place can put it in right away, but is too expensive. The next has 12 months same as cash, which is perfect, the price is middle of the road, but they can't put it in until next week. Plus, that guy was a major butt-head. Finally, Kev called a fellow firefighter who does such things and he can do it for $1000 less (Yeah!), can do it on Friday (Double Yeah! Yeah!), but only takes cash or check. Umm, No. We don't have that sort of dough laying around. So here it is. We're hot. We're grumpy. We hate our jobs. Oh, wait, that's just me. We're hot, we're grumpy. We are nearly depleting our savings account for a new air conditioner. We're hot, grumpy, poor, and hot. Did I say hot twice? What's the cure for hot and grumpy? Beer. Too poor to buy beer. As I type, Kevin is raiding his unsuspecting parents' fridge for beer. They'll never know what hit them. Ok, so they'll know what hit them, but they won't mind.

But guess what? I'm only one week away from my 5K goal. I'm hip! I'm fit! I can run 5K!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?