Thursday, June 30, 2005

 
Ok, I admit it. Sometimes, much more often than I used to, I start reading a book and quit halfway through to start a different, more interesting-looking book. Such is the case with Five Smooth Stones...again. What is it about this book? It just didn't hold my attention. Just last weekend, I finally gave up completely and moved it from my nightstand back to it's place on the bookshelves. Then I hear from Robert. Robert posted that it was a wonderful book and that I simply had to give it another chance...as if he knew I had just admitted defeat! As soon as I finish laughing my way through the Stephanie Plum series I PROMISE to read Five Smooth Stones all the way through, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. You heard it here first.

On another note, I spent the evening the other day at the in-laws' house. Kevin had to work, but his sister was driving through town and I wanted to see her. Of all of Kevin's family, I've always felt perfectly at ease with Colleen. She was traveling with her friend, Bob. I like Bob. I think they should get married, but she assures me that's not in the cards. Huh. Bob recently had a book published. Buy it. Read it. It's really good. Here's the thing. Bob didn't remember meeting me once before about five years ago. That's fine. It was a long time ago. He did, however, remember Top. I'm a little worried that my dog's sparkling personality leaves a more lasting impression than my own.

Oh, and I just lied to you a minute ago. I still promise to read Five Smooth Stones, but I'm sure before I do the new Harry Potter book will arrive. Harry Potter always comes first. Always.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?