Friday, August 19, 2005

 
Communication

How did husbands do the grocery shopping before cell phones hit the scene? Kevin went to the grocery store alone today. This is ALWAYS my job. I made him a list and I even made it in the order of the store, dividing it up in the order of the aisles. Yes, I'm that girl. It was a pretty simple list. The only things that I thought might trip him up were finding kale and the feta cheese since it is in produce and not in cheese. But I warned him of these things.

Phone call Number One:
Me: Hello?
Kevin: Hi.
Me: What's wrong?
Kevin: Uhhh, the list says to get one pound of boneless sirloin steak but they only come in two pound packages.
Me: Get the two pound package and we'll freeze the extra.
Kevin: Oh. Ok.
Me: Did you find the kale?
Kevin: Yeah.
Me: Ok, bye.
Kevin: Bye.

Phone call Number Two:
Me: Hello?
Kevin: Do you want chicken broth in a can or in a box?
Me: It really doesn't matter. I usually get it in a can. And don't forget I need two cans.
Kevin: But there are so many. What kind am I supposed to get?
Me: It doesn't matter. It's chicken broth.
Kevin: Ok, bye.
Me: Bye.

I know there was a third phone call, but I can't even remember what it was.

How did wives find their husbands in department stores before cell phones hit the scene? We went to Dick's Sporting Goods this evening because we both needed some more running clothes. I spent a good 20 minutes picking through the clearance racks trying to find a bargain (I did, too!). I couldn't believe that Kevin wasn't tailing me and telling me to pick up the pace. With an armful of clothes I made my way to the Mens' section looking for Kevin. He was nowhere to be seen. He wasn't in the shoe section. He wasn't waiting for me up front. Finally I give up, dig out my phone, and call him.
Kevin: Hello?
Me: I'm done. I can't find you.
Kevin: I'm in the camping stuff.
Me: Upstairs?!
Kevin: Yeah, I'm by the canoes. This stuff is cool!
Me: Stay there. Bye.

Camping? He married the wrong girl. Oh, and he didn't even look at running clothes! Men.

How did husbands and wives ride in the car together amicably before the iPod? With our entire music collection at our fingertips, we no longer bicker about what to listen to. We either agree on a song, take turns, or put it on shuffle and listen to whatever pops up...unless we both agree to skip it.

Can Amish get divorced? Because I don't know how they do it. Really.

(For some reason I can't get spell check to work on blogger. I'm doing my best, but please forgive my errors.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?