Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 
Baby or Beer

I don't think it's a secret from anyone who reads my blog that Kevin and I are trying to have a baby. Ok, not trying, exactly. We are not preventing ourselves from having a baby. Because of this, I've been trying to take very good care of myself and treat my body as if I were pregnant. You know, just in case.

The hardest thing about this has been limiting myself to one dose of caffeine per day. Every morning I stumble to the fridge for my diet coke. Don't even try to talk to me before I have a diet coke in the morning. (Actually, if you know me, you know not to talk to me for a while even after my diet coke...CRANKY!)

I know that when women have been trying for a long time to have a baby, it is a big let down every month when they get their period. For all these years now, it's just seemed like a necessary hassle. Here come the cramps and the tears.

Today? I didn't think, "Oh, I'm so sad I'm not pregnant."

I didn't think, "Thank goodness I'm not pregnant!"

I didn't think (as I've thought every month since I was thirteen), "Aww, man."

Today I thought, "Hey! I can have a beer!"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?