Friday, September 16, 2005

 
Taste

Kevin will tell you that I have horrible taste in music. He will also tell you that he has great taste in music. I will agree that he has great taste in music and disagree that I have horrible taste in music. I may not share his passion for music, but that doesn't mean that I have horrible taste. He would illustrate his point by telling you that I know all the words to all of Billy Joel's songs, that I maintain that Right Said Fred makes good music, and that I still like Meatloaf. Ok, it's true. I love Billy Joel, I still think Right Said Fred had much more to offer than I'm too Sexy, and Meatloaf still makes happy. But I like other things, too!

Kevin bought himself a $15 iTunes card yesterday. He bought the card to keep himself limited to 15 songs. I begged him to use one of the songs to buy me California by Phantom Planet. That's all I wanted. (It's the theme song to The OC!) While Kevin was wiling away hours picking songs I was trying to be patient and wait for him to watch The OC with me. I was singing the California song. Then he started playing the California song! He got it for me! I was so happy. Then he said, "I also got you this," and started another song.

I was confused for a minute (I'm not the best at recognizing songs within the first few beats). Then, "Is this?...Wow!...Is this?..." and unable to remember the name of the song I started dancing up and down the hallway to Missy Eliott's Work It. I LOVE that song!

An hour later he was finally finished picking his 15 songs. I stomped in grumpy and out of patience because I wanted to watch The OC and I wanted him to watch it with me. Oh, he knows how to turn my frown upside down. He started another song, and again I didn't recognize it. "I don't even know this song!" I complained. "Trust me, you know this song," he said. It was Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) by Big & Rich. I shrieked and ran around the desk to give him a big sloppy kiss. "You got me THREE songs!"

Kevin grinned and said, "Actually, I got you four songs." The next song I recognized immediately. Hot in Here by Nelly! Yee-haw! I have the best husband EVER! He loves me AND my bad taste!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?