Monday, December 19, 2005

 
Dirty Dancing

Yesterday I had the house to myself and it was snowy outside. I stayed in and watched movies all day. First was Melinda and Melinda. It was enjoyable. Next, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I cried and cried, as always, when Holly Golightly pushes Cat out into the rain. Then I watched Chocolate because it always makes me feel good.

By this point I was about movied out. I was almost, so close, to being done with a gift I was knitting for a family member. I needed a movie that I knew inside out and backwards so I could pay attention to my knitting and finish the project. My favorite, Dirty Dancing, was the obvious choice. (The only other movie I know as well is Goonies and I don't have that on DVD.) Oops. There is about a half inch of mangled rows because I was paying attention to Patrick Swayze. Dammit! Something good came of it, though, besides the thrill of the movie itself. I was recently challenged on the best line of the movie (and the name of this blog). Someone, I'm not sure I remember who, said the line was, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." As usual, I watched the end twice and it is most definitely, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." Ha!

Happy Holidays. Work stinks. I can't button my jeans but maternity jeans fall down my ass. Bah humbug!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?