Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 
Lost Boy

When I was a freshman in college, there was this guy who ate in the same dining hall. He always wore ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. He had bleach blonde hair that he wore in a dated style, but he wore it well. To me, he looked just like Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys. I would follow him with my eyes as he walked in the door and through the line. Always, my friends would divert my attention or I would glance away for another reason. Poof. He was gone. I became convinced that he really was a vampire.

For the last few years Kiefer Sutherland has been back in a big way in 24. Is he still gorgeous, or what? 24's third season started on Sunday with a two hour premier and continued on Monday with another two hour episode. Kevin loves this show. I didn't regularly watch the first two seasons because it makes my heart beat too fast. So suspenseful! Last night we both sat tensely on the couch, sometimes pausing it to discuss exactly what we thought was happening. When a new character comes on we yell, "Good guy!" or "Bad guy!" When it was finally over we leaned back and exhaled. I uncurled my fists to examine the little red halfmoons my fingernails had made on my palms. I tried to breath slowly and regularly waiting for my heart rate to return to normal. What a show!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?