Monday, January 09, 2006

 
Lunch with the Girls

It started out nicely. A few coworkers and I went to a soup and salad place for lunch. We all did the "How were your holidays?" and "How are the kids/husband/boyfriend/dog?" Then in turn we started dropping vague comments and complaints about our boss. These are not people I usually have lunch with, and we were all testing the waters a bit. By the end of an hour long lunch, we were all in full blown bitch-mode and had bonded in the way that you do when you find out that you all dislike the same person with such intensity. After one particularly long rant speculating how on Earth this woman is still working for the company, I sat back, smiled, and said, "Ahh. I feel better." We all laughed and agreed that we all felt much better.

Our company is very large but since we all work in the field and from home, the office is very small. We all wore satisfied little smiles as we re-entered the office (or the Lion's Den, as we sometimes call it). Today there was quite a bit of traffic in the office for whatever reason. As I gathered my things to leave, I breezed past the girls to say good-bye. "Let's do lunch again...soon!"

"Yes. Let's do," they agreed. Ah, yes. It certainly is nice to have lunch with the girls.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?