Thursday, January 19, 2006

 
Old Friends, New Times

We had dinner with our friends, Nick and Sarah, last night. Nick and D have been friends since high school. Nick and I have been friends since, well, pretty much the first week of college. Our freshman year of college Nick and I were good friends, had lots of classes together, and ate all of our meals together in the dining hall. Freshman year Kevin and Sarah had lots of classes together and knew each other. Nick didn't know Sarah yet and I didn't know Kevin yet. Then somehow Nick met Sarah and they fell in love and I met Kevin and we fell in love and there you have it! Anyway...

Nick and Sarah live in Kansas City now with their little girl, Isabelle. They are truly a beautiful family. We are so excited to have more friends in Kansas City. We already seem to be falling into a routine of having each other over and cooking. It nice and relaxing and so good to be with friends. Nick is the drummer of Minus Story, a fantastic band sure to take the world by storm! D and I went to see them in April and I wrote about it here. Now that D is finally out to them, I can let them read that post! Actually, D let me out him to them, which was way fun for me. He was going to tell them last month when he was here, but changed his mind. Knowing me as they do, Nick and Sarah were beyond surprised that I kept it a secret for three years. Since keeping secrets isn't really my "thing" I'm pretty surprised, too!

Minus Story is playing in Lawrence, Kansas on Saturday night at the Bottleneck. Kevin and I will be there. Come and join us! A good time is sure to be had by all.

On a completely unrelated note, at 16 weeks pregnant, I have the start of a good little potbelly. Kevin and I are going to start taking pictures. If I can figure it out, I'll try to post one and let you have photo updates of my expanding belly. I know there are those of you who are loving this whole me getting fat thing, and I'd hate for you to miss the fun. I only wish we'd remembered to take a picture of my nice flat belly that may never be the same again...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?