Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 
Lauren
This past weekend we had some family stuff to do in St. Louis. My oldest childhood friend, Lauren, also lives in St. Louis. I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing or what, but I had an overwhelming urge to see her. I absolutely was not leaving that side of the state without spending some time with her. I almost sent myself into a state of shock when I realized that we've been friends for 21 years! Yikes! We don't really talk that much anymore. We email from time to time. We used to always call on each others' birthdays, but even that has turned into a quick email. When we arrived at her apartment she was just...just Lauren. It was as if we were kids again. No tension. It was just us. She showed us around her apartment and when we saw her bedroom I saw the little stuffed cat sitting primly on her bed. I gasped and snatched it, hugging it to me. "Rosalie! It's Rosalie!" Lauren and I started laughing and Kevin was perplexed. She has had that little cat for as long as I can remember and slept with it every night. We were only able to stay for about an hour. I hugged my friend goodbye and we promised to try to get together soon for a longer visit. Kevin noticed me near tears as we were getting in our car. He was almost laughing when he asked me what was wrong. I just looked back at Lauren's door and then at Kevin. "I want to stay!" That's just how it is.

24
I've decided that this show probably isn't good for the baby. I notice that I don't breath. That can't be good. My sister says when she watches her contacts dry out because she forgets to blink. Yes, it's that good!

American Idol
It's my favorite time of year! I waited until now to bore you with it because it is just now the exciting part. America votes! I was torn last night. Sometimes I vote for the pretty people. How shallow, right? In that case, I would have voted for Becky. Kevin disagrees and thinks Kellie is pretty foxy. Puh-lease! Anyway, I voted for Lisa. Tonight the boys sing. I predict I will vote for Ace because he's so damn pretty! But can he sing?

Comments:
I didn't vote, but if I had I would've voted for (in this order):

Katharine
Lisa
Mandisa
Ayla

Elliott
Sway
Taylor
Ace


I'm so glad those damn twins aren't on the show anymore.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?