Thursday, March 02, 2006

 
Betrayed
I have been betrayed. Someone I trusted let me down last night. I thought I could count on TiVo. I leave TiVo in charge of things important to me. We went out last night. I knew I would miss the boys singing on American Idol. I also knew that I could watch it while I ate breakfast this morning because TiVo was in charge. This morning I sat down with my Cinnamon Toast Crunch, my bowl of blueberries, and my glass of milk and...it wasn't there. TiVo recorded an update show about America's Next Top Model instead. I tell you, if you can't trust you TiVo, who can you trust? I can tell you I voted for Lisa on Tuesday. Since I missed the boys I'm going to have to stick with ACE ACE ACE!!!

A Different Sort of Harassment
I had to go to downtown Kansas City today. I usually dread going downtown because of the hoots and hollers and whistles. I didn't figure I would hear that today because I'm prego. The homeless people like to hang out in the bus stop. Sometimes they are actually waiting for the bus. Usually they are just getting out of the weather a little bit. The first time I walked by the bus stop was empty. The second time I walked by it was full. I did my best to look straight ahead of me. As I walked on by I didn't hear any whistles, I didn't hear any hollers, I didn't hear anyone telling me to strut it. I did hear one of them say, "Yo! Somebody knocked her up!" Oh, man. This is not the time to get the giggles. I didn't want him to know that I thought it was funny because it was rude, really. I had to wait until I was well past them to crack a grin.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?