Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 
Good Hair, Ice Cream Cake, Ace, and Karate Kicks

"At least my hair looks great." That's what I kept telling myself. I was having one of those meetings at work. You know the kind. I was just hoping I wouldn't cry. I put a good extra effort into my hair with excellent results. It was shiny, bouncy, and full of body. The meeting wasn't all bad. I mean, it could have been worse. I wasn't listening all that closely because I didn't want to cry and I was thinking about my hair. And the best part? At the end of the meeting, both of my managers complimented my hair. Ha!

As Kevin kissed me good-bye before he left for the gym I remembered something very important. I said to him, "Just so you know, I don't really care what is written on the ice cream cake that you stop and get after you work out." No special occasion. No celebrations. Kevin mentioned that they had an ice cream cake at work the other day and I hadn't been able to stop thinking about it. The Dairy Queen kind with the chocolate crunchies between the layers. I was obsessed. Since I'm pregnant and crazy (and he wanted ice cream cake as badly as I did) this wasn't a problem. He was torn between Sponge Bob and a plain one with hearts. He decided on the hearts. I love him.

How can a good hair day with ice cream cake possibly get any better? I'll tell you. Ace. Mmmmm. I didn't vote for him, though. I voted for Paris. But I love Ace.

When it was finally time to lay down and relax in bed, the baby had me squirming in pain. My friend, Sarah, is having a little girl and is due two weeks after me. She said her little girl gives her sweet little flicks. My little monster boy rears back and kicks with all his might making me jump and wince. Kevin has felt the baby kicking for weeks now but hadn't yet seen my stomach jump. He was kicking so painfully that I was sure it would work. Sure enough, after two little practice kicks, Oliver let loose with a real doozey. We saw his little foot (or knee or elbow or what have you) protrude plain as day. Kevin reacted with his usual, "Oh, shit!" This made me laugh so hard that my stomach was shaking too much to see any more of Oliver's karate moves. I love a good laugh before I fall asleep.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?