Friday, April 21, 2006

 
Belly Gazing

It's my new favorite pass time and it has become quite time consuming. I just lay there gazing at my new enlarged tummy. I love watching it jump, ripple, and wriggle. It's hard to function every day with the distraction. At home laying on the couch I can just lift my shirt and watch Oliver exercise and get comfortable. It's getting harder and harder not to do that in public. I want to show everyone my belly. I want them to see my baby moving. I want them to share the same joy Kevin and I feel every time we see it.

Do I have a sign on my forehead that says, "This is my first pregnancy. Ask me about it!"? Strangers in line at the grocery store will ask when my baby is due and that question is almost always followed by, "Is this your first?" How do they know that? Is it the way I answer them placing my hands on my tummy with a huge silly grin saying that my due date is July 3rd and it's a boy and his name is Oliver? What will I do when it is my second pregnancy? Does it lose some of the magic the second time around? Will people be able to tell by my face and actions that this is old hat?

We can hardly wait for Oliver to arrive. But every day of pregnancy seems to bring something new to our lives. I feel so privileged to be able to do this. I almost don't want it to end.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?