Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 
Better Late Than Never

I guess I'm a little behind the times here, but last weekend I did two things. I finally finished watching Sex and the City. I knew Carrie ended up with Big (only because some stupid show on E ruined the surprise. The same show told me that Elvis was actually a dirty blonde. He dyed his hair! I wish I didn't know that.) Anyway, now I know that Carrie is happy and that Big's name is John and I WISH WISH WISH I had her shoe collection!

Then on Sunday I finally watched Brokeback Mountain. I know, I know. What took me so long?!! I have been dying to see it since I first heard about it. Kevin got all macho on me and wouldn't go see it in the theatre even though he wanted to see it. Finally we snuggled down on the couch and watched it together. I loved it. I loved it even though it made me feel empty inside and is the single most heart breaking movie I have ever seen. I loved it because it is real (or could have been!). I loved it because it was important. I loved it but I will probably never watch it again. Because it is heart breaking. And terribly sad. And I don't like movies that make me sad. But I loved it.

What else did I watch this weekend? Well. When Kevin was at work I watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I need to stop doing that. I have read all of those books and they are very cute stories for being the fluff that they are. I need to just read and not watch movies because I can't get past the differences and they infuriate me! It's as though the people who wrote the script didn't even bother to read the novel. It was so wrong! The story was wrong! Argh! For this reason I am NOT going to see Memoirs of a Geisha because the book was perfect and I'm sure they can't beat what I have in my imagination. I will continue to watch Harry Potter movies even though nothing can match the magic of sinking into those books. I have never, EVER seen a movie that was better than the book. Read. READ!! It's ever so much more fulfilling.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?