Thursday, May 25, 2006

 
Is it Over Yet?
I don't think it could have been more drawn out, more painfully boring. Were they going for suspenseful? Did they think the whole of America would be on the edges of our seats wringing our pathetic hands in anticipation of the next American Idol for two hours? Really, it was too much. It was too long. We went to the home of our friends, Nick and Sarah, for the finale. They cooked us a wonderful meal and we had American Idol on in the next room so that we could hear what was happening. Nothing was happening. Sarah insisted that Kevin and I watch American Idol while she and Nick cleaned up dinner. Since I ate waaaaaay too much, I was only too happy to oblige. We sat down as Meatloaf took the stage. We knew it was going to be a long night. The show turned our lively little group into a drowsy bunch of slugs. Was it really only two hours? Finally, with our heavy eyelids barely holding out, we heard the announcement that Taylor was the next American Idol. And that was that. It was all very anti-climatic and I just don't care anymore. But I'm sure I'll be rearing to go when it starts again next year!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?