Sunday, June 25, 2006

 
And I'm Hooked
I have spent the entire day watching a marathon of Footballer's Wives on BBC America. Besides the gorgeous men with accents, it's just fun. And the preview cracks me up. You see all the drama coming up in the next episode, then a line of naked men holding soccer balls in front of their goods. The camera pans down and the soccer balls drop and a man with a very deep voice says, "Footballer's Wives..." It's great.

I am between knitting projects and can't find something to do. Because of this, today I started my fourth book this week. I'm always a reader, but knitting takes up time so that I read, oh, maybe one book a week. This week saw the completion of:
The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant
The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
and
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
and the start of
Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver

There is an all new episode of Footballer's Wives on tonight. I think I'll stay up for that and then go to bed with my book, hoping for contractions to start.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?