Friday, June 23, 2006

 
And She Slept
Finally. Last night I fell asleep before 10:00 and woke up at 8:30 this morning. Granted, there was the hourly trip to the bathroom, but I always fell (fairly) promptly back to sleep. I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks! It only takes one. I feel like a new woman! I have enough energy to, say, have a baby!

We keep trying to trick fate into giving us the baby. We've been hope hope hoping to go into labor. On Tuesday we were having company and so didn't want to have the baby. We were sure we would have him on Tuesday because we didn't want to. But we didn't. Yesterday I changed the sheets on our bed. I don't usually do that on Thursday but I was confused yesterday morning and thought it was Friday. I thought that would be like washing the car and then it rains that afternoon. I thought surely if I put on nice clean sheets my water would break that night. But it didn't.

I really don't think it's fair that we don't know when Oliver is going to arrive. It's cruel. I need to be able to plan around these things! Kevin is more excited that I've ever seen him about anything and that makes me happy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?