Monday, June 12, 2006

 
Just Call Me Amber
Saturday morning found me wide awake at 4:00 am. That is a truly ridiculous time to be awake. I lay there fighting it until about 5:00 and then I finally got up. And what did I do with my time? I baked a pie crust from scratch. That's right. I baked a pie crust at 5:00 in the morning. All the while I avoided any reflective surfaces in the kitchen for fear I'd see my grandmother's face staring back at me. My whole life I've wondered what could possess my grandma and my mom to get up at such crazy early hours and do the laundry, made dessert for later that night, bake bread, clean the house, empty the dishwasher, etc... Now, to my dismay, I think I understand. You have to do something. And why aren't men afflicted with this? Kevin didn't even know that I had left the bed! He slept until 9:00 and still thought he was getting up early! Ugh!

(And Amber is my dear grandma, in case anyone was confused by the title.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?