Wednesday, January 06, 2010

 
Concessions
Rumor has it that when I turn 30 my metabolism will turn on me overnight. Like magic. From speed-of-light to nonexistent. I'm not exactly prepared for this. But I am eating like there is no tomorrow from now until next Wednesday. Starting on January 13th, or so they say, I am at risk of getting fat. I have a few other advantages in the fight against blubber. I don't like regular soda so I don't have to worry about those calories. I just have to worry about cancer from the disgusting amount of Diet Coke that I consume. I'm perfectly at peace with drinking light beer, though I do looooooove Boulevard Wheat. I'm active. Besides chasing around Oliver and Sam, I swim twice a week and do yoga twice a week. I make my sacrifices. Sleep. I give up sleep. I get up at 4:30 to swim. So here is my new mantra for my 30's: I'd Rather Be Skinny and Have Dark Circles Under My Eyes Than Be Fat and Well Rested. How do you think that would look on a bumper sticker?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?